Friday, April 24, 2009
After working a bit more on this, I asked for some advice from more experienced equestrians and got an excellent suggestion to solve the unhappiness I had with the colt's legs. I was always uncertain of them (having pulled this composition together from various references) and I don't think I would have been able to fix it previously without my recent drawing/anatomy experience this year. (I'm very pleased to know that I've been learning and can apply some of that knowledge!) I am *much* happier with the direction this is going, in fact I'm rather ecstatic. The change in the legs creates a lot more energy and is more in keeping with the atmosphere I would like to achieve here. I'm very excited!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
So this has been unfinished now for a year and a half. I finally got some motivation to work on it this last weekend! (It helps that I've been sketching zebras at the zoo lately, complete with little babies! So I feel a little more prepared to do something with this now...also it helps that I had company coming over and I didn't want anyone to see this in the terrible state it was in!) Sorry there has been a good bit of progress since the last photo I took, but a lot of the big changes were this weekend when I was carefully fiddling with the background and still was not happy with it, so in frustration I cursed and started literally slapping paint on...and voila, I felt a whole lot better about this. :p Nothing is finished here by any means.